Statement by Emilie Coyle on College Ward Race for City Councillor
Ottawa, Ontario - July 27, 2018
Emilie Coyle, candidate for City Councillor in College Ward, today issued the following statement:
“When College Ward residents go to the polls this October, they will have a stark choice in the candidate they believe will best represent their voice and interests for the next four years at City Hall.
"The incumbent, Rick Chiarelli, is a professional politician who has served on Nepean and Ottawa City Councils for 30 years.
"I’m a mom and a lawyer - with a passion for public service and community building - who is running for public office for the first time.
"As the City Councillor with a forward-looking vision for College Ward, my priorities will be to:
- Champion planning and development that is in first and foremost in the community’s interests;
- Make Ottawa a leader among Canadian cities in sustainability;
- Develop a traffic calming plan for the Ward to reduce speeding and make walking and cycling safer;
- Increase civic engagement by holding regular Townhall meetings and creating a Ward Council of Community Association leaders;
- Create safer, more vibrant and welcoming communities for all.
"Having knocked on thousands of doors with my campaign team, the message from residents is, while they appreciate Rick Chiarelli’s longtime service, it’s time for new and responsive civic leadership for the Ward and positive change."
For media inquiries, please contact: